Lawyers play many different roles in the practice of law but they typically work in either a law firm or corporate legal department.
Lawyers are required to have a juris doctor(JD) and an applicable state bar license to practice law.
Lawyers also need excellent analytical, communication, diplomacy, legal research and writing skills.
· Researching and analyzing the law on complex issues and writing briefs for submission to a supervising lawyer
· Appearing in a court of law, arbitration or other judicial tribunal, as well as presenting well-reasoned statements to the
· Analyzing and summarizing complicated legal documents, including contracts, and suggesting alterations to those documents
· Negotiating with outside parties on contractual issues and legal disputes, including settlement conferences
· Anticipating and mitigating potential legal problems — and developing strategies to avoid costly litigation and reduce potential areas of risk
· Performing due diligence in legal matters concerning contracts, agreements, and mergers and acquisitions
· Managing junior associates and professional staff